11/06/2009

The end of a journey

This will be the final post for the Library of Alexandria blog. The blog made the research process very interesting and was useful in the accumulation and organization of the information. This blog was my first venture into the world of blogs and I had fun peeking at other blogs, exploring and experimenting with the gadgets and following the blogs of my fellow students. Among other things, this blog has helped me learn how to upload pictures and videos to the blog and how to set up links.


In my journey through web 2.0, I have discovered that libraries are using blogs as a tool to interact with their users more and more. Some libraries have several blogs that cater to different user groups. I think this is a very clever idea to make the users feel that they belong to the library and it encourages constant feedback from both parties.



Before starting this blog, I had read a few blogs written by friends but I did not have thetime or the initiative to start one myself. It was too much of a challenge. Thank you, Linda for including this component in the assignment, thereby giving us not much of a choice!! I am sure that this blogging experience will come in handy when we work in libraries. I might even write a personal blog using this experience... and who knows... I might even become famous! :)



cartoon from cartoonchurch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment